Joint Replacement Classes
We want our surgery patients to feel comfortable about their procedure and to be educated on proper preparation and care. That’s why Johnston Health offers a complimentary class for joint replacement patients to guide you through the process, from home preparation before surgery to post-operative exercises.
During the class, you will receive special education from members of your joint replacement team, and they will answers any questions that you may have. You’ll learn about:
- Preparation for your surgery and hospital stay
- What to expect during your hospital stay
- Equipment and devices used during recovery
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
- After hospital discharge plans and needs
- Managing post-operative pain
- How to avoid complications
- Recommended exercises to give you a head start on recovery
Please register patients at the same time surgery is scheduled. It is strongly suggested that you bring a family member or friend to act as your coach.
SCHEDULING A CLASS
The Joint Adventure class is held twice a month. You only need to attend one class.
Your Joint Adventure class will be scheduled by the OR schedulers when scheduling your surgery and Pre-Admission Testing.
All classes meet in Classroom 1404A in the Johnston Medical Mall in Smithfield from 1-3 p.m.
2018 Class Schedule
Jan 4, 18
Feb 1, 15
Mar 1, 15
Apr 12, 26
May 10, 24
June 7, 21
July 5, 19
Sept 13, 27
Oct 11, 25
Nov 8, 29
Dec 13, 20