We Honor Veterans
The SECU Hospice House is proud to be working with the We Honor Veterans program, a partnership between the VA and NHPCO. The purpose of the program is to honor and thank our patients who have served our country, as well as assist them in locating any Veteran resources that they may not be aware of or may not be accessing at the time.
This includes information regarding:
- burial benefits
- how to go about having full military honors at a funeral
- Veteran benefits (including those for spouses and families of Veterans)
- how to apply for honors, such as a Presidential Memorial Certificate, after the patient has died
We provide this service to both patients in the SECU Hospice House and home hospice patients. To honor these patients we perform honoring ceremonies where we
- present a certificate to the patient and family with the patient’s name as well as the branch of the military they served
- place two flags, a US flag and a flag from their branch of the military, outside the doors so anyone passing by or goes in the room can see they were a veteran. Families may keep the flags after their loved one has passed.
- Sing “America the Beautiful”
To learn more about this program please contact Laura Daniels at 919-209-3478 or email@example.com