About the Program
The cardiopulmonary rehab program consists of one hour sessions every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for a total of up to 36 sessions. During these sessions, you will:
- Have a medical evaluation to figure out your personal needs and limitations.
- Be given instructions regarding the amount and kind of regular exercise you should do, and have a physical activity program developed to meet your needs.
- Participate in regular organized exercise sessions, where your heart rate, blood pressure, and other vital signs will be monitored to ensure your safety.
- Participate in education and counseling sessions to help you understand your condition and how to manage it. If needed, you may be referred to a counselor who may also help you cope with depression, anger, and stress during your recovery.
- Work with a dietitian to create a healthy eating plan.
- Receive support and training to help you return to work or your normal activities, and to help you learn to manage your heart and lung condition.
New Classes for COPD Patients
We are now offering two classes a week specifically for our COPD patients as part of the cardiopulmonary rehab program. These will be on Monday and Wednesday from 3 -4 p.m. and will focus on exercise and education specific to patients with lung conditions.
A physician referral is required for this program. If you are interested in participating, you may either contact us or your physician. Insurance coverage varies, depending on your provider. If you have questions regarding coverage, please contact your insurance company prior to starting the program.
Please contact our staff at 919-938-7127 if you have any questions.