My UNC Chart
With our transition to Epic@UNC, we can provide coordinated, real-time information for our patients and providers to ensure the highest quality of care. With Epic@UNC comes a new online service, My UNC Chart, that helps our patients stay connected to their care through one secure, easy-to-use online portal. Visit www.myuncchart.org or call 888-996-2767 for more information.
- Connect with your provider
- Pay bills online
- Manage your appointments
- Get the MyChart Mobile App
- Access test results
- Manage accounts of loved ones
- Request prescription refills
- Track your health
Click the button below to access your login or sign up as a First Time User.
The Patient Portal allows you to access a variety of information online, rather than over the phone or in person. This means you can manage your health information on your own schedule, making time-consuming tasks easier than ever.
**Please note that all users will need to sign up again in the portal using the First Time User button even if you have previously enrolled. Make sure to write down or remember all your log-in information for future use.
Through the Patient Portal you can:
- Pre-register for scheduled appointments
- Request screening mammography appointments
- Give authorized family members access to your information
- View lab results
- Access discharge instructions
- Track past and upcoming visits
- Review medications with instructions
- And more!
First Time Users
Follow these simple instructions to access the Patient Portal for the first time.
1. Click here to submit your enrollment request. When logging in, it’s IMPORTANT to remember to:
- Please use ALL CAPS when typing in your information
- Please include the M and leading zeros at the beginning of your medical record number or provide the last 4 of your SS#
2. Login to your email account to access your one-time username and password
3. Click the link above to access the Patient Portal
4. Enter your one-time username, password and security question and click Sign In
5. Enter a new username and password and save this information in your records
6. Explore the portal!
- You must have an email address on file with us in order to register for the Patient Portal. Any patient receiving services on or after July 1, 2014 will be asked to submit this information at the time of registration. Patients who received services prior to this date and who did not file an email address with us will need to submit that information in person to the Medical Records office. If you do not have an email address, you can set one up for free through Gmail, Yahoo, and many other email services.
- You must have your medical record number in order to register for the Patient Portal. Patients receiving services on or after July 1, 2014 will be given this information at the time of registration. Patients who received services before this date will need to obtain their medical record number in person at the Medical Records office. You will need to present a valid form of identification.
Johnston Health Medical Records Office
509 N. Bright Leaf Blvd.
Smithfield, NC 27577
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
If you have any issues using the Patient Portal, please call 888-996-2767.
For questions related to scheduling, registration or medical records, please contact the appropriate department:
- Scheduling: 919-938-7749
- Registration: 919-209-3509
- Medical Records: 919-938-7516