The Physician Referred Exercise Program (PREP) is designed to provide a structured exercise program in which clients are referred by their physician into a supervised exercise program. It is essential that patients receive exercise intervention after completing critical care treatment, and HealthQuest is well-positioned to offer this service.
- Allows physicians to encourage their patients to start exercising and get them started on a fitness routine
- Allows physicians to refer patients to a safe and reliable facility with certified, competent staff members
- Allows certified instructors to select exercises for low, moderate and high risk patients based on physician’s recommendations
- Provides a safe and structured environment for patients to continue to use after completion of the PREP program by becoming a member of HealthQuest
- Program includes: pre/post assessments, goal setting, education, supervised exercise sessions and plan of action upon graduation from the program
- It is recommended that all program participants be referred by a physician
- Physician referrals are valid for 12 months
- Physicians fill out a referral form prior to clients first visit listing any restrictions, specific goals and any medical history relevant to the program
- Program cannot be suspended due to vacations or other personal reasons
Monthly education sessions are offered to all PREP participants covering topics such as nutrition facts, understanding target heart rate, myth busters, grocery store tours, guest speakers and introduction to other wellness programs and services offered at HQ.
- Sessions held in the HQ gym area
- Ten clients are scheduled per time slot with a 1:5 trainer ratio
- Program consists of two 45 minute exercise sessions per week for a duration of two months (16 sessions total)
Completion of Program
After completing the PREP program, clients may join HQ within three days under the corporate membership rate of $42.00 a month for a term of 12 months. Clients may re-enroll in the PREP program based upon post assessment results and session availability. Time slots are not guaranteed.
For referrals or more information please contact:
Samantha Barbour, 919-938-7599 or firstname.lastname@example.org