Johnston Health Foundation
Bridging the Gap to Provide Quality Health Care Close to Home
The Johnston Health Foundation was formed in 1992 as a non-profit organization to raise awareness and funds for Johnston Health. Contributions to the foundation are used to expand and supplement services and assistance to patients, and to fund equipment and capital needs. All gifts ultimately enhance the quality of care that Johnston Health delivers to patients and their families.
Through community leadership and charitable resources, the Johnston Health Foundation seeks to improve the health of the people in our communities by supporting the programs and services of Johnston Health.
The Johnston Health Foundation is made up of members from varied backgrounds across the county. raises awareness and funds for Johnston Health. Contributions are used to expand and supplement services and assistance to patients, and to fund equipment and capital needs of the health care system. Our work ultimately enhances the quality of care that Johnston Health delivers to patients and their families.
The Johnston Health Foundation is dedicated to partnering with Johnston Health to engage community members in giving of their time, talent and treasure. Through its development plan, the foundation seeks to: cultivate donors and be good stewards of their donations; involve volunteers in activities as well as high-level decision making; and build awareness of hospital services and foundation programs. Our focus is to engage donors in major gifts and planned giving to build the endowment and to raise funds for capital projects and equipment needs. We are a donor-centered culture, providing our communities with projects that engage their interests and passions.
In the early 1980s, a group of community members and physicians launched the Dr. Hubert Poteat golf tournament to honor the first surgeon recruited to then-Johnston Memorial Hospital. The event was one of the first official fundraisers for the hospital, and it set the course for establishing the foundation in 1992.
Through the years, the foundation has raised funds for several projects, including:
- Linear accelerator for treating cancer
- Treadmills for cardiac rehab program
- Audio/visual equipment for Johnston Medical Mall and auditorium
- SECU Hospice House, a $4.5 million capital campaign
- Renovations to emergency department in Smithfield
- Two (2) 3D Mammography Systems for both hospital locations in Smithfield & Clayton, a $1 million capital campaign
- Cath Lab campaign in Smithfield
- Memorial Garden and Veterans Memorial at the SECU Hospice House
- Tran-sit Car Simulator for our Joint Center in Smithfield
- Creation of the Heart Fund to assist heart patients in financial need
- Cardiopulmonary Rehab Center
- ENT Scan Machine
The Johnston Health Foundation supports a variety of programs and services at Johnston Health. Current fundraising efforts by the foundation include:
- Hospice Fund
- Angel Fund
- Patient Assistance Fund
- Healthy Kids Fund
- Heart Fund
- Johnston Health Foundation Endowment
Subscribe today to get the latest foundation news and event updates directly to your phone!