Did you know that five million people suffering chronic wounds have diabetic ulcers and that diabetic patients have a 15-fold increase of amputation risk? Those with diabetes or any other chronic wound should consider seeking help from Johnston Therapeutic Wound Center.
We staff highly-skilled professionals, who have an impressive record of healing wounds under circumstances that others thought hopeless, including many that may have required amputation. We use carefully researched, state-of-the-art methods to heal wounds that have resisted conventional treatment.
Seek treatment if you have:
- A sore that don’t heal after 30 days.
- You experience increasing pain, redness or swelling, foul odor or a change in color of the wound.
- An infected wound.
Due to their complex nature, wounds require an individualized course of treatment to promote healing. Your treatment plan may include wound dressings, wound debridement, transcutaneous oxygen monitoring, doppler evaluation of pulses or hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
Here’s how the healing begins:
- Ask your doctor to refer you to our Center or make an appointment.
- We’ll ask you a few questions about your wound and general health, and our team will evaluate your wound and review you medical history.
- Bring a current medication list, your medical records, a list of known allergies, and insurance cards/forms to your first appointment.
- We may conduct tests to tell us more about your blood flow and tissue oxygenation and determine whether infection is present.
- We will develop a customized treatment program based on your special needs.
- Your doctor will communicate with you throughout your care, and once the wound is healed, you’ll return for follow-up care.
There’s no reason to live with a non-healing wound. Our caring staff and specialized treatment plans can help you get back on your feet again. Set up an appointment today.