Johnston Health Champions 5k
Saturday, May 7- Race starts at 9 a.m.
Johnston Health Smithfield – 509 Brightleaf Blvd. Smithfield, NC
Head over to our JH Champions 5K Facebook Page for information, updates, and more!
The Johnston Health Foundation’s 5th CHAMPIONS 5K, presented by HealthQuest Fitness and Wellness Center, is a timed run and fun walk event for all ages and fitness levels. We are featuring a “new” 5K Dog Run/Walk so you can also enjoy a fitness morning with your furry friend.
5K Run/ Walk- $35
5K Dog Run/Walk- $45
All proceeds will support 2 Johnston Health Foundation charity programs
- The ANGEL FUND supports cancer patients experiencing financial hardship.
- The HEALTHY KIDS FUND addresses childhood obesity issues in our community through health and fitness scholarships.
*You may also help fundraise by making online donations. Participants may walk/run in honor of or as a tribute to a loved one, and join some post event activities.
(All entry fees are non-refundable)
5K Walk/Run entry fees include a T-shirt, snacks and water.
- T-shirts sizes are not guaranteed for those registering after April 8, 2016.
- Early Entry Fee until Feb 29, 2016 – $30 per person (timer and transaction fees are included)
- Mar. 1 to May 7, 2016 – $35 per person (timer and transaction fees are included)
5K Dog Run/Walk entry fees include a T-shirt for the runner, a doggie bandanna, snacks and water.
- T-shirt & doggie bandanna sizes are not guaranteed for those registering after April 8, 2016
- $45 per person (timer and transaction fees are included)
- Each runner/walker can register only 1 dog. Must be on a fixed leash at all times.
Teams may be formed by families, churches, clubs, companies, and individuals. For those who are registering multiple teams from the same company/organization, write your company name/organization name before your team name (i.e. COMPANY-Department name).
- We are using a USATF Certified Course. Click here to view the official USATF map.
- We will have Accurate Electronic Timing and Chip Cards
- The registration fee includes the timer, a shirt, snacks, water, awards, and other sponsor goodies.
- We are supporting two great causes!
Participant Packet Pick-Up
- Visit HealthQuest on May 6, Friday anytime between 7am to 7pm for advance participant packet pick up.
- The packet will include your t-shirt, timer chip, bib, pins, and event day reminder.
8:00-8:45 am – Participant Registration
8:45 am – Opening program
8:50 am – Pre-walk/Run Warm-ups
9:00 am – 5K Walk/Run Kicks Off (1st wave: Runners; 2nd Wave- Dogs & Owners; 3rd wave: walkers)
10:30 am – Participants to visit stations and enjoy sponsor snacks, giveaways and free activities.
11:00 am- Awarding Ceremony/Event Ends
- Need information? You may approach anyone in orange event shirts, visit our information tent or ask for event day info sheets from our greeters.
- Parking is free. Designated event parking will be the employee parking areas. Event day parking signs will be put out on May 7.
- This is a rain or shine fundraising event. Last minute changes based on weather will be posted on our Facebook Event Page. Click this link: https://www.facebook.com/events/752589464878264/
- Dog owners – all dogs must be on a fixed / non-retractable leash, and owners are required to pick up after their dogs throughout the duration of the event. Poops bags and trash cans will be available at the Pet Zone.
- What to expect:
- Cross the finish line and grab goodies from the Triangle Orthopaedic Associates, P.A. tent.
- Check out the latest Subaru car on display. A Subaru Pace Car with a dog mascot will lead the race!
- A warm up / fitness plaza, sponsored by Sleep Inn and Suites – for pre race warm ups and stretches, and post race line dancing, and pound work outs
- Tribute Wall – Write the name of the person you will be running/walking for!
- Kids Zone – We will set up a Tattoo and Face painting station, and kids can participate in fun relay games after the 5K race.
- Pet Zone – Our sponsor, Willowrun Veterinary Hospital, will provide:
- Pet first aid by Dr. Langdon.
- Free Grooming service (facial hair trim and nail trim) by Krystal Moody for our registered dogs on a 1st come, 1st serve basis.
- Kool off station when your dogs return from the race
- Check out New “gulpy’s” for sale.
- Meet the dogs! Guest Ruf Creek Ranch Animal Rescue will be there to showcase some dogs that are available for adoption.
There are many sponsorship opportunities for this year’s Champions 5K. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor please contact the Johnston Health Foundation at 919-938-7169 or email email@example.com for more information.
- This is a timed event!
- There will be trophies for the top three (3) overall winners
- Awards will be given to top three individual finishers in each age division. Male and Female: age 9 and under, age 10-12, age 13-14, age 15-18, age 19-29, age 30-39, age 40-49, age 50-59, age 60-69, age 70-79, and age 80 and older.
- There will be awards for the top 3 dog run/walk participants.
- Brag and collect! A special token will be given to all registered participants who cross the finish line!
Need volunteer hours? Want to support a cause on a Saturday? We need your help at the event on May 7. For more information and to sign up, click here.
Thank you so much to the participants, sponsors and wonderful volunteers who helped make the 2015 Champions 5K so successful! With 320 registered, we raised over $20,000 for the Angel Fund and Healthy Kids Fund! To see more photos from the 5K head over to our Facebook page.