Johnston Health Champions 5k
May 2, 2015
Join us for the Johnston Health Champions 5k Saturday, May 2. This year’s event will benefit the Angel Fund and the Healthy Kids Fund, both of which help enhance the quality of care that Johnston Health delivers to patients and their families.
This is a timed run and walk event for all ages and fitness levels.
Register as a fundraising team to help our cause even more!
If registering as part of a team, please make sure to include the team name and fundraising goal when you register. Also, make sure to specify which fund you would like your donation to go towards. Please bring all funds raised the day of the race and turn in at the team registration tent. All participants must register separately and pay the entry fee in order to be signed up for the race. Do not mail it in or pay online.
All of the donations must be turned in on race day to be counted towards your team fundraising goal.
About the Angel Fund
This fund offers assistance to cancer patients who are going through financial hardships. Thus far, the Angel Fund has helped almost 200 patients pay for:
- Starting this year- No cost mammograms for those that qualify
- Hospital treatments and other services that promote recovery
- Medications that provide relief from the side eﬀects of treatment
- Gas or transportation to and from treatments
- Wigs, prosthesis or other devices to help patients live as normally at possible and with the dignity they deserve
About the Healthy Kids Fund
This fund offers provides scholarships for at-risk and undeserved youth in Johnston County to participate in the Healthy Kids Program at HealthQuest, which provides nutritional counseling and fitness instruction. Your donation will help pay for:
- Scholarships that are awarded based on financial hardship and youth risk factors
- Equipment purchases
- Nutritional education sessions for you with a dietician
- Other needs deemed necessary to assist with the Healthy Kids Program
Your donations are helping to support a health care system that oﬀers access to all people, regardless of ability to pay. Thank you for your support!
Thank you to all the sponsors, volunteers and participants who made our 2014 race such a huge success!