Junior Volunteer Program
Applications for the Junior Volunteer program Summer 2015 are available now through May 1.
The Junior Volunteer program, which runs during the summer months, is intended for high school students who want to gain hands-on experience in the health care environment. This program has a limited number of available positions and placement decisions are based upon a first come, first serve basis. Our junior volunteers help out in a variety of ways, including:
- Delivering flowers, cards and gifts to patients
- Assisting various hospital departments with special needs
- Transporting patients by wheelchair
- Running errands
To be considered for our junior volunteer program, applicants must:
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Complete and submit an application, including essay questions and a letter of reference
- Be approved for service by the Volunteer Coordinator
- Attend a 30 minute informational session (first-time participants only)
- Complete a mandatory orientation
- Complete infection control/safety training
- Complete Employee Health requirements, including a two-part TB skin test and submitting immunization records. (Returning junior volunteers do not need to submit immunization records unless there have been changes from last year.)
- Comply with hospital and departmental policies, rules, and code of ethics
- Wear approved uniform and picture ID when on duty
- Commit to at least one, four-hour shift per week
Fax or email the completed application to Farrah Nguyen, Volunteer Coordinator.
Fax: 919-938-7914. Email: email@example.com
Questions? Please contact Farrah Nguyen, Volunteer Coordinator, at 919-938-7914 or firstname.lastname@example.org.