Nash/ Johnston Physician Liasion
Job Number: UNC.16038
Job Title: Nash/ Johnston Physician Liaison
Number of Openings: 1
Job Type (Employment Type): Full-time
Job Schedule: Day Shift
Job Category: Healthcare/ Medical- Healthcare Administration
Level of Education: Four- Year Degree
Years of Experience: 5
The Nash/Johnston Physician Liaison will develop, enhance and maintain positive working relationships with new and existing physicians, members of the medical staff, physician practices and other potential customers through physician outreach, office visits, issue resolution, physician networking opportunities and hospital based interaction. The person in this role will be employed by UNC- please refer to application instructions below.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Actively seek and facilitate professional networking and outreach opportunities for physicians to cultivate and strengthen clinical relationships and enhance physician education.
- Identify and evaluate new potential partnerships consistent with the goals and mission of UNC Health Care.
- Orient and educate new internal and external physicians to the healthcare system as part of the onboarding process. Conduct site tours as appropriate.
- Design, develop and execute strategic initiatives and service line outreach plans via integrated business intelligence solutions (e.g. PRM), competitive market analysis, collaboration with strategic planning, other prospecting tools and physician input.
- Serve in a supportive and consultative role with marketing leadership and staff including public relations, media relations and graphics staff in regards to targeted physician driven collateral materials, physician lead community opportunities and educational events.
- Identify, address and eliminate barriers to service throughout the healthcare system for providers through daily customer service, issue resolution and internal collaboration with service line managers and staff.
- Lead and participate in internal planning committees and interact with representatives throughout the organization to plan, organize and execute physician related activities with the goal of enhancing quality outcomes, improved service and achieving a very high level of physician and patient satisfaction.
- Support service line facilitation of physician continuing medical education events as needed.
- Support strategic planning and executive leadership through open communication of competitive market intelligence, provider feedback and integrated business intelligence information.
- Identify and facilitate appropriate connectivity to health care information technology (IT) systems for external customers (UNC Carelink, remote user requests, forms and procedures).
- Demonstrate knowledge of overarching system mission, goals and initiatives, internal service line offerings and market differentiation.
- Consistently prepare and communicate detailed outreach documentation and issue resolution information to appropriate organizational stakeholders and within the contact management system.
- Execute accurate and timely weekly reports, production metrics and outreach activity as well as complete special reports as assigned.
- Assure responsible management of organizational resources through timely reconciliation of expenses, monthly statements and management of budgetary targets.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and a minimum of five years related experience and/or training. Medical or clinical experience, preferably in a hospital, physician practice or medical sales setting.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
***IMPORTANT- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS***
This is a UNC- funded position with UNC (Non-Johnston) benefits. All interested applicants must apply through UNC Rex Healthcare’s website.