Want to justify that afternoon at the spa? Massage therapy is used for much more than just relaxation. It boasts a number of health benefits that can help you achieve total wellness and combat medical conditions such as heart disease, gastrointestinal disorders and memory loss. At its core, massage therapy is a hands-on mobilization of muscles and other soft tissues of the body. It can help you feel better, relieve muscle spasms and tension and reduce chronic pain. Everyone from infants to older adults can reap the benefits.
Health Benefits of Massage Therapy:
- Enhanced mental alertness and energy
- Improved joint range of motion and flexibility
- Reduced anxiety, stress and heart rate
- Ease of muscle spasms, cramping and formation of scar tissue
- Relief from muscular tension, fatigue and insomnia and pain for migraine suffers
- Increased circulation allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs
- Pregnancy pain relief for expectant mothers
- Improvement in osteoarthritis symptoms
According to a recent study by Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, blood tests revealed that those who had a Swedish massage “experienced decreases in stress hormones and increases in white blood cells, indicating a boost in the immune system.”
Whether its strengthening the body’s natural defense system or relieving tension, touch has the power to improve our overall health. HealthQuest offers several different types of massages: Swedish, Myofascial, Hot Stone, Pregnancy and even Aquassage. Our therapists are nationally certified and licensed to practice in North Carolina. Call to schedule an appointment today!